Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Grouping Ideas for Cooperative Learning

I am trying the 8 highs matched with 8 lows with 16 medium mixed level in the middle right now in class and so far so good! These ideas were from a CPM lesson plan video, I forget which exact one. I don't exactly like the random ones, as we as teachers know our students best.

Also for when there is a substitute in my class, I have the groups on Synergy on a grid for attendance purposes and this idea from Miss Carrie Wong: 2 small rectangular post it notes cut in half vertically to represent each group of 4. Perfect.

We also use cooperative group roles they call the Task Manager the Team Captain instead, but all of the other roles are the same as CPM. Complex Instruction Roles (credit youcubed.org):


No comments:

Post a Comment