I had a student read the common core standard we were learning and they were able to relate rate of change to growth factor and initial value to tiles in figure 0. I was glad they weren't all bogged down by the academic language of the standard.
I also reviewed the learning goals and the success criteria. I think next I have to write them on the board so students can refer back to them.
We reviewed the four representations of pattern A from the 2 clues given. Most students finished b and started c. Work progress was slow with it being the first day back from a break.
I met with struggling students and encouraged them to go to homework center and I got a much bigger turn out then I anticipated.
We solved an equation that's answer was an improper fraction so checking it was an epic process of reviewing fractions and integers. I had to take a picture of the results.
In accelerated I passed out weekly assessments because no one was absent when we took it. Then I reviewed their diagrams from Wednesday by looking at the blog post. Then they answered how many rabbits after 12 months.
After they analyzed cases 2 through 4 with different starting values and growth. They graphed case 2 but we didn't have time to discuss their analysis. We'll start class with that tomorrow.