Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Letters to Everly Rose Joyce




The last 3 weeks of school I was on paternity leave. When students finished a lesson with the sub one day they made some letters for my daughter, Everly Rose Joyce, born May 28th, 2016. I emailed a picture of her to the staff the day after she was born and they broadcasted it on our televised KTLR student news network. It meant a lot to me. I'm not going to save the best one for last, I have to share the one that blew me away below. It was a sheet of copy paper folded into fourths and the front was below. Amazing lettering and drawings of roses. The best part though was inside, where Tiffany went into personal details about what characteristics I will try to teach her and instill in her that I tried instilling in my students. Wow.
She writes really small, but the words had a large impact on me.

Alex illustrated his math joke I told my Facebook friends. What does a mermaid wear to math class? An algae bra.



Chloe and Marina want to modify Everly's name a little bit. LOL.


A group collaboration with comics. Davin also gave me a sound cloud link where he apparently is performing a song that is remixed as dub step he said..? I will be sure to post it for all to see.


I wanted to post the inside of this card because she thinks Everly will be a "#mathgenius"


This was hilarious. Harrison said my daughter will learn how to be tactful, to have no excuses, and turn out a little... red. (because I'm Irish and when I laugh too hard or get mad or embarrassed I can get red) Also, that leaf is not broccoli he said, it's a shamrock, HAHA.




Rasheed and I are both huge Warriors fans. He got the colors spot on here.

Third period had everyone sign a card.
This was an amazing quilting job in a valentine's day color theme. Beautiful.

This was nice to read these, especially bringing up my spirits after hearing of the overall loudness of classes while I was gone and certain students being extra difficult while I was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment