Monday, July 11, 2016

Summer Fix It

As you may or may not know, my wife and I have a newborn, now over a month old, Everly. Prior to her birth Jess thought that I slammed the kitchen cabinets hard and loudly. When the baby was born, it also startled her. I had a problem and I wanted to find a solution. Exactly the feeling and growth mindset I want my students to have. I don't recall what I exactly googled, but I googled something to the effect of "How to make kitchen cabinets close quietly?" I believe I also looked on Amazon, and found the following product, Blumotion Hinge adapter which are 35 dollars for a pack of 10. I have 20 cabinet doors. Also, it seemed to be the highest rated at 4.5/5 stars.

My dad had one and installed it in the top right corner of the cabinet, and it did not produce the same effect. With the plastic adapter in the second photo below, it brings the device away from the closing door so it catches it quicker before it gets more momentum.




So, moral of the story is: if you want to fix something, search for an answer. Look what's out there. See what is rated highly. I also provided these photos of the process, but in the Amazon reviews a buyer posted a great how to video, which was also a reason that I was motivated to purchase this particular product.

Why am I posting this on my math blog? One it's one of the many jobs I have done to stay busy and I also believe it's an analogy for the type of outlook we should have in our lives. See a problem, avoid fixing it for a bit, and then doing something about it.

Oh yeah, I'm ordering more and installing them in my parent's kitchen as well as my wife's parents house!

No comments:

Post a Comment