Thursday, June 8, 2017

2017 Summer of Math Box #tmwyk

I have ordered tiling turtles and a book of Christopher Danielson's, and recall other teachers subscribing to his Summer of Math last year. Then he sent out this tweet.

Prior to the box coming, a postcard came with a beautiful photo. My 1 year old daughter Everly loved the tiling pentagons! Check out the video:




My mom made this octagon.
Some alternating. I love the contrast of the shades of wood.

Then Everly looked at pictures from a book of her great grandma's 90th birthday party.

And back to playing with pentagons, throwing, picking them up, banging them together.
Each of the 3 months will come with 1 of 3 types of tiling hexagons. Here are the 12 setup to tile I think.

Making a hexagon with pentagons.

And this tweet from Mr. Stadel set off a cool domino effect of sharing of designs online:

No comments:

Post a Comment